Monday, October 4, 2010

Curtains!

We've lived in our house on the acreage for over 3 years, and during that time our windows in one part of the house have been treated only with a roller-type shade/blind in a "lovely" color of burgundy-purple.  (They were left behind by the previous owners.)  Since I recently painted the walls and Wayne finished installing the laminate floor, I decided it was time to sew some curtains for the two windows in our combined dining room/living room area.  I opted for a brocade-looking deep burgundy-wine fabric to compliment the walls and furniture.  The walls are a very soft pink color, but it's hard to tell in the photos.  I chose to let the curtains "pool" at the bottom somewhat, rather than try to fight with exact measurements.  I'm really pleased with the results!  The curtains nearly finish the room(s).  We're still waiting on new baseboards . . . 
Living room

Dining room

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty and so regal too! Good job Kimmie. Was that fabric difficult to work with...it looks rather slippery.

    I like to sew when the fabric behaves itself.


    Kimmie
    mama to 8
    one homemade and 7 adopted

    ReplyDelete