Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Project #4: Baby! Baby! I'm Taken With the Notion--Receiving Blankets!

This is the first of many receiving blanket and burp cloth combinations I'll be working on in the next couple of weeks.  This set is going to a gal from my book club and her new baby boy.  It seems that there are SO many babies being born in my circle these days.  These blankets are what I've been dying to work on, although I thought they'd be a tad easier to construct, if nothing else, less time-consuming than some other projects I've embarked on.  There's one thing I'm quickly realizing--that is, sewing takes time.  But the end-result is worth it!

3 comments:

  1. I love the duck fabric you picked out. There is nothing like a good-quality receiving blanket. Store-bought ones are too small and thin to be of much use. I had my mom hem some flannel receiving blankets for my son when he was born 17 years ago and they are the same blankets that I use even now, with my 1 year old. They have been through three babies and still have so much use left in them. I'm sure the moms that you are sewing for are going to really appreciate the finished pieces.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! Another great gift is fitted crib sheets (google the pattern)...they are super easy to make and they are fun because you can use all types of fabric. Love to give them to toddlers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog Kim, so neat to see what you are doing. The projects all look great; but you are a perfectionist aren't you :)? The coasters are especially good...I have been working on my baby quilt for a friend and often think of you while I'm working on it, I will have to send a picture of it when I'm done. - Bev

    ReplyDelete