Thursday, March 4, 2010

Project #2: Charm Pack Coasters

To make 6 coasters, you start with 36 fabric squares, each 5 x 5 inches in size, of various coordinating colors and patterns. You iron and fold the pieces in an inside-out-kind-of-way, stich up all four sides, turn the pieces right-side-out and, voila, you've got a coaster! They're great for coordinating with your decor, and they're extra soft for use on scratchable glass-top tables.

Here's a sampling of the three sets I've made so far--Green & Green, Blue & Blue and Green & Blue. I've got plans to make more!  It's fun coordinating fabrics for these!

Double-click on collage to increase image size.

2 comments:

  1. Those look awesome. Great job. I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kim--those are gorgeous! can I put in an order? Hahaha!
    No, seriously, I would love some of those in a wine colour, that is, the colour of my one wall. And I will pay for them. I'm thinking you may not have time until next winter--what do you think?

    ReplyDelete